Photo: Courtesy of Visit Wichita and Wichita Art Museum
Trying to figure out what to do during the holidays in Wichita? Here's a list of things you can check out. Thanks to Visit Wichita for making sure that we stay entertained throughout the year. Happy Holidays!
- December 26-28, 11 a.m. at Wichita Art Museum
- As a Wichita Art Museum holiday cheer to the people of Wichita, WAM presents five exciting days of art exploration and activity. There is something for everyone with special activities that will inspire. Stroll the galleries, enjoy great food in the Muse Cafe, and shop for holiday gifts at the Museum Store.
- December 28, 7 p.m. at Hartman Arena
- The Wichita Wings are back with an inaugural season and all new players. Don't miss the Wings take on the Denver Rumble at Hartman Arena in this MASL matchup.
- Dec. 26-31, 1 to 9 p.m. at Field Station: Dinosaurs
- Marvel at a one-of-a-kind exhibition with 44 life-sized dinosaurs wrapping gifts, decorating trees, and kissing under the mistletoe. The Field Station transforms into a sparkling, Mesozoic Winter Wonderland this holiday season where laughing, learning and holiday cheer go hand-in-hand-in-hand.
- December 31, 9 to 11 a.m. at Mid-America All-Indian Center
- Bring a nonmetal sled and enjoy playing in artificial snow, provided by Snow Bros Snowmakers. Dunkin' will be providing FREE coffee and hot chocolate while supplies last. Doughnuts will be for sale on site.
- Through Dec. 31, regular hours at Exploration Place
- Soak up the sights and sounds of the holiday season as this popular exhibit is decked out for a 1950s holiday, complete with a Christmas parade and nostalgic music.
- Through Jan. 4, 5:30 p.m. at Botanica Wichita
- Enter a true winter wonderland with a stroll through Kansas' most grand Christmas light display. Botanica's Illuminations features more than 2 million lights glittering throughout the garden.
For more information on any of this week’s events, go to visitwichita.com/thisweek.