Photo: Courtesy Exploration Place and Visit Wichita
How's the new year going so far? Got plans for the first weekend of the new decade? Trying to figure out what to do? Well, Visit Wichita has a list of things you can do. Enjoy the city and get out this weekend.
- January 3-5
- Four shows over the weekend at INTRUST Bank Arena: 6:30 p.m. tonight (Jan. 3); 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. tomorrow (Jan. 4) and 1 p.m. on Sunday (Jan. 5)
- Enjoy another hair-raising adventure when Poppy, Branch and all their Trolls friends come to life on stage in Trolls LIVE!, their first ever live tour.
- January 3-5 at Century II
- 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday
- Each year in January, the best RV dealers in and around Wichita bring the best of their inventory for the Wichita RV Show.
- Hundreds of RVs will be on display – from pop-up campers to fifth wheels.
- Through Jan. 4, 5:30 p.m. at Botanica Wichita
- Enter a true winter wonderland with a stroll through Kansas' most grand Christmas light display. Botanica's Illuminations features more than 2 million lights glittering throughout the garden.
- Great Bear Rainforest: a new show in the Dome Theater. You don’t even have to pay museum admission to see it! It’s just $5 for adults and $3 for kids.
- Starts Jan. 3. Show times are 1 p.m. on Fridays; 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturdays; and 1 and 3 p.m. on Sundays.
- Learn about Canada’s Great Bear Rainforest, which is home to an immense array of wildlife, including the fabled all-white spirit bear—the rarest bear on earth. Experience these fascinating beings and the indigenous First Nations, who have provided stewardship of the forest for many, many years.
- Wild Weather National Traveling Exhibit
- Through Jan. 5
- This is the last weekend to see this traveling exhibit!
- Through this exhibit, you can immerse yourself in extreme weather conditions, such as hurricanes, tornadoes and more.
For more information on any of this week’s events, go to visitwichita.com/thisweek.