For 88 years, the NBC World Series has provided a piece of baseball Americana in Kansas, with community-based teams from all corners of the United States competing for a National Championship. Currently, the NBC World Series is one of the oldest continuous sporting events in the United States.
Since its start in 1935 by Raymond “Hap” Dumont in Wichita, KS – the NBC World Series has produced more than 800 Major League Baseball players. From Satchel Paige to Tony Gwynn, Mark McGwire, Joe Carter, Roger Clemens, Ozzie Smith, Albert Pujols, Tim Lincecum, and Heath Bell – the NBC World Series showcases the best amateur talent in America and around the world.
Each year, nearly every MLB team sends scouts to the tournament looking for the next diamond in the rough. With teams competing in a ten day tournament, the days are long and the sheer volume of players is staggering. The NBC World Series is a tournament with no equal.
July – Hobart-Detter Field, Hutchinson, KS 9 Emerson Loop West in Carey Park
- Thursday, July 28 – Thirsty Thursday – Half-price select beers from 5:00-9:00 pm
- Noon – OKC D-BAT Collegiate vs. Lonestar Baseball Club
- 3:00 – Austin Shockers vs. Hays Larks
- 6:00 – 316 Elite vs. Hutchinson Monarchs
- 8:30 – Seattle Studs vs. Lonestar Kraken
- Friday, July 29 – Armed Forces Night presented by Eaton Roofing & Exteriors – Free ticket for all current and former military members with ID at the box office
- Noon – San Diego Stars vs. Denver Cougars
- 3:00 – TBT Ballers vs. Liberal Bee Jays
- 6:00 – Waco Winners vs. Cheney Diamond Dawgs
- 8:30 – Haysville Aviators vs. Santa Barbara Foresters
- Saturday, July 30 – Hutchinson Youth Day presented by Hutchinson Recreation – $1 hot dogs (while supplies last)
- Sunday, July 31 – First Responders Day – Free ticket for all first responders with work ID at the box office
August – Eck Stadium, Wichita, KS 4100 E. 21st at Wichita State University
- Monday, August 1 – Healthcare Heroes Day – Free ticket for all local healthcare workers with work ID at the box office
- Tuesday, August 2 – Teacher Appreciation Day presented by Mel Hambleton Ford – Free ticket for all local educators & school employees with work ID at the box office
- Wednesday, August 3 – Off day, no games
- Thursday, August 4 – Military & First Responders Day presented by Davis-Moore Auto Group – Free ticket for all military members and first responders with work ID at the box office
- Friday, August 5 – Youth Jersey Giveaway, presented by Burns & McDonnell – Jersey giveaway for the first 500 kids ages 12 under & Hall of Fame Ceremony (after completion of the 6 pm game)
- Saturday, August 6 – Championship Night with Post-Game Fireworks, presented by Kansas Gas Service, Black Hills Energy & Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
*Plus all tournament long, youth who wear their youth team baseball or softball jersey to the game receive free entry when accompanied by a paid adult, thanks to our friends at Evergy!
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday – Gates open at 11:00 am, with games at 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, and 8:30 pm. Your ticket is good for the full day’s slate of games!
Friday – Gates open at 5:00 with games at 6:00 and 8:30 pm
Saturday – Championship Night! Gates open at 6:00 with the first pitch at 7:00 pm and fireworks following the game!
Tickets for each day of the 2022 NBC World Series in Wichita are $9 for general admission or $12 for reserved seating. Tickets are all-inclusive of taxes and fees when purchased in person at the box office, with only a small service charge on online ticket purchases. Get your tickets here!