Beloved Dog's Death Becomes Warning For Other Pet Owners

posted by Careth -

When their beloved dog, Petey, didn't greet them at the door... they knew something was wrong.

Christina Young shared the sad story on her facebook page about how a bag of chips left on the counter became a deadly for temptation for her dog:

As he walked in further he saw our sweet boy laying lifeless with a stupid chip bag over his head. He was able to get them off the counter that we will forever blame ourselves for leaving out. He ate every chip out but of course went back for crumbs... with there being nothing left inside every time he would go for more he would inhale making the bag tighter & tighter around his head.. ultimately resulting in suffocation .

Christina goes on to say that it wasn't until it happened to Petey that she learned pet suffocation is a lot more common than you would think; it's reported 3-5 times a week. And it is completely preventable. If you have pets at home, make sure you keep things like popcorn, chips, & pretzels... any treat that your pet may be tempted to help themselves to... tucked away and out of their reach

Comments

Lukas & Careth In The Morning

Lukas & Careth In The Morning

Want to know more about The B98 Morning Show? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on B98 FM! Read more

title

Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.