The Kansas Sampler Festival has been going on for 27 years. It's at a different location each year. This year marks the 28th annual festival. It will take place at Island Park in Winfield this Saturday and Sunday (May 6th and 7th).
The primary purpose of the Kansas Sampler Festival is to provide the public a sample of what there is to see, do, hear, taste, buy, and learn in the state. The reason for rotating the festival is to give exhibitors statewide exposure, to give the public in every part of the state a chance to experience the festival, and to give each host city a chance to showcase themselves to a statewide audience.
The Kansas Sampler Festival was designed to bring communities and attractions from all over the state together to make it easy for the public to discover day trip possibilities. Whether you are looking for hiking trails, historic sites, natural landmarks, unique restaurants, off-the-beaten track eateries, architectural gems, hole-in-wall performing centers, artists-at-work, specialty shops, or have-to-be-there Kansas events, this festival is for you!
The Festival Will Feature:
- Over 150 Kansas communities tell what they have to see and do;
- Dozens of entrepreneurs sell their Kansas-made products
- Cultural heritage demonstrations and displays;
- Kansas entertainers perform, sell cd's and showcase for future bookings;
- Historical performers provide a sampling of many characters;
- Kansas questions are asked at the stump, prizes given;
- Food booths tell the Kansas story through their menu
CLICK HERE for more details on the event. I hope to make it. It's something cool to check out this weekend.