If you love tacos, this is for you. Let's take Taco Tuesday into the weekend, Wichita!
The Wichita Taco Festival is a unique and dynamic one day family event that will fuse together Wichita’s love for tacos, margaritas & music. "Everyone loves Tacos", especially in the city of Wichita, which is home to a plethora of Taco Establishments. The Wichita Taco Fest will include various competitions, live music, a gaming section, raffles and more. Festival attendees will be treated to a variety of sample size portions of tacos, Chips & salsa, margaritas & tequila shots. The festival will also provide a platform for local businesses, restaurants, bars, food trucks and the likes to create awareness about their establishments and potentially gain new customers. Get ready for a fun filled family day event that will promote unity, partnership, diversity and commerce among the city of Wichita.
Sat, June 24, 2017 from 12-7 p.m. at Union Station, 701 E. Douglas
General Admission: $5
Kids 5 and Under: Free
No outside food or drink allowed!
What to Expect!!
- $1 Sample Size Tacos
- Chips & Salsa
- Patron Tequila Booth – An assorted display of various Patron tequilas where event attendees can taste and compare difference types.
- Gaming Section - A section of the festival will be dedicated to life size lawn games such as Jenga, etc for event attendees to enjoy as well as a face painting station,
- 20 Food Vendors - The Wichita Taco Festival will provide event goers an opportunity to enjoy a large variety of Tacos with a from 20 of the best Local restaurants, Tacquerias & food trucks all in one location.
- City Blue Print Best Taco Competition – Sponsored by Wichita's premier local printing company, the Best Taco competition will feature some of Wichita's best restaurants, Tacquerias and Food trucks competing amongst each other for a chance to be named Wichita’s Best Taco. Special guests and event attendees will select their favorite Tacos, and the vendor who receives the most votes will be awarded a plaque for Wichita’s Best Taco
- Best Margarita Competition - 5 of Wichita’s top Restaurants will use their own unique recipes to compete in the margarita contest to see what bartender makes the best margaritas. The winner will be awarded a prize.
- Best Salsa Competition– Food Vendors will compete amongst each other for a chance to be named Wichita’s Best Salsa. Special guests and event attendees will select their favorite Salsa, and the vendor who receives the most votes will be awarded a plaque for Wichita’s Best Salsa,
- Occidental Jalapeno Eating Contest – Sponsored by Wichita property giant Occidental Management, the Jalapeno Contest will feature a select number of contestants facing off againts each other to see who can consume the most jalapenos without quitting in a specific amount time. The winner will be presented with a prize.
- Purchase your ticket now & come VOTE for Wichita's Best TACO, Margarita and Salsa!!